Monday, October 15, 2012

10/15/12- Notes from Culture Geographical


Today in class we continued to go over the power point on Culture Geography. I learned that religion can unify or disunify a nation. Saul, also known as Paul, is one of the major reasons the Christianity didn’t die out and continued to be a prospering religion. The Saul/Paul story was told today and I have never previously heard this story. But the story goes somewhat like this, Saul was a Roman who persecuted Christians. He was riding his horse and was suddenly struck by blindness for three days. Then a voice came to him and told him to stop persecuting Christians. Saul’s sight instantaneously came back. Saul then started to promote the Christian way of life. Also I learned that “Amazing Grace” is the song of Saul/Paul. Qur’an, the holy book for Muslims, can also be spelled Koran. In my essay that I wrote over the weekend, I stated that there were only 14 million Christians in the world, I know realize how inaccurate that statement was. 1 out of every 3 people are Christians. Muslims don’t believe that Jesus was crucified, this concept was new to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment